- Full Photos
- Tour guide
This tour is aimed for people without much time that desire to have an experience in the cultural area of Manu. The cultural zone is one of the three zones of the Manu National Park, which includes high mountains, cloud forests and the actual rain forest. In this zone you can still find a few small, original communities who sustain themselves with agriculture and small forestry.
Day 1: Cusco – Paucartambo – Cloud Forest – Pilcopata.
We will start our adventure by picking you up from your hotel in the city of Cusco, and we will take the road to Manu National Park; We will cross beautiful inter-Andean valleys and picturesque villages until arriving at the pre-Inca “chullpas” tombs of Ninamarca. Approximately at noon we will be arriving at Paucartambo, a beautiful village that welcomes us with its colonial houses museums where we can appreciate ceramics of ancient cultures, and different costumes and masks used in the different dances of the famous festival “Virgen del Carmen”.
Then we proceed to the lookout point at Acjanaco at the pass 4,000m (13,123 ft.) for an outstanding view over the cloud forest and lowlands. This is the entry point to Manu National Park. From here we travel down through pristine cloud forest which feeds the local flora unique to this clime. The landscape is stunning: we will pass many waterfalls, sweeping views of the valley and dense cloud forest vegetation: mosses, lichens, orchids and birds unique to this part of the world ply the mountainside. The cock of the rock, trogons, tanagers; capuchin monkeys and wooly monkeys can also be seen. Then we arrive to our lodge in the evening, where we will sleep in a beautiful and rustic lodge.
Day 2: Pilcopata Lodge – Atalaya – Machuwasi Lake.
Starting the day off we’ll take a guided tour around the lodge, with an emphasis on local medicinal plants, peruvian Amazon fruit trees and a coca plantation. Later we’ll pay a visit to the animal rescue center (donation only) for an hour. Once in the Rescue Center we can enjoy the free running, jumping spider monkey, titi monkey, and capuchins and pet the tapir. Volunteers will guide you around the wildlife and explain how they ended up here. After we continue to the small town of Atalaya, 600 m (1,968 ft), we will board the motorized boat and meet with the local crew. From Atalaya we leave by motorized boat to our lodge. A long the boat trip we will see many different kind of animals, birds, plants and flowers.
In the afternoon we will visit Machuwasi Lake, on the way there are great birding and wildlife spotting opportunities and in the oasis of the lake live caiman, the prehistoric bird hoatzin (Opisthocomus hoazin), capybara and other Amazonian aquatic life. Have your cameras ready, as the trip on simple balsam pole rafts as the placid water is mirror like and we will encounter many birds, insect and some monkeys in this secluded lake.
After this walk in the extraordinary Amazon we return to our lodge
Day 3: Lodge – Parrot Clay Lick – Cusco.
We will leave early to visit the parrot clay lick, we’ll board our river boat to visit the parrot clay lick nearby. Weather conditions permitting, we’ll have an unforgettable look at parakeets, parrots, and (with luck) macaw pairs dining on the mineral rich clay they use to help supplement their diet and improve their digestion. It’s a truly vibrant site with all the colors and movement. After returning for breakfast, we pack in to the boat and head for back up river to Atalaya where we rejoin our minivan for the winding and beautiful drive back through the cloud forest to Cusco.
- Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
- Manu National Park 3 Days / 2 Nights is not endemic area about Malaria neither Yellow fever you can bring a good insect repellent but if you decide to put the yellow fever vaccination for prevention you can do it 10 days before start your trip to the jungle.
- Bearing in mind the uncontrollable forces of nature, the program could be subject to changes at any time
- Manu is a rainforest that has remained intact because of it hidden location. This means the program involves much traveling by bus and boat (for 3-day tour). However, it also means you are in a part of the Amazon rainforest that has no comparison, with an untouched flora and fauna!
- Every group can contain people who travel for 3, 4, 5 or 8 days
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Pre-trek Briefing 1 or 2 days before your Manu national Park 3 Days 2 nights.
- Entrance fee to Manu National Park.
- Entrance fee to Machuwasi Oxbow.
- Private Tourism Bus Round Trip.
- Bilingual Native Tour Guide with Telescope and Binocular
- Private boat with Efficient team of motorists and security.
- First aid kit including anti venom of snake bite.
- 03 meals per day, vegetarian, vegan optional and snacks.
- Comfortable Eco lodge with private rooms, towels, mosquito net, showers and toilets.
- Excellent chef service.
- Free tea, coffee and popcorn auto service.
- Radio communication service during the whole Trip.
- Unlimited mineral water after second day
- Rubber boots
NOT INCLUDED:First breakfast and the last dinner
Water for the first day
Some kind of drinks such as beers or sodas.
Tips for Guide, Cook and Driver
SHARED GROUP SERVICE
Adulto: US$ 320 PER PERSON.
Niño (6 a 13 años): US$ 185 PER PERSON.
Infante (0 a 5 años) sin cargo.
What you need to take
We recommend economizing on your luggage for this short trip to Manu National Park. Travel light and think about bringing layers instead of big jackets, etc. Be selective and pack light. Choose quick dry clothing if possible, we will be in the jungle!
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a minimun).
- Original passport.
- Small backpack.
- Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured).
- Long cotton trousers.
- Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers).
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Sandals or light shoes.
- Rain gear.
- Sweater (for the beginning of the tour in Andes and the cloud forest only).
- Camera and its charger.
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and a camera.
- A hat as a protection against the Sun or rain.
- Small towel.
- Toilet paper.
- Antibacterial gel.
- Sun cream.
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries).
- A bottled water (1 litre as a minimum).
- Pocket money (Soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs as well as to tip.