- Full Photos
- Tour guide
Manu Tour 7 Days, allows you to have one of the best experiences in the Manu National Park which includes the Reserved Zone. In the Reserved Zone of the Manu we will set up camp at the “Casa matshiguenka” lodge which is run by the local community of the Matshiguenka. Feel free to explore the natural mirror lakes of Salvador and Otorongo in order to observe the curious and restless giant otters.
Day 1: Cusco – Cloud Forest – Pilcopata Lodge
Very early in the morning, we will depart the city of Cusco in a private transport. We will visit interesting places like the Chullpas of Ninamarca (a pre-Inca cemetery) and Paucartambo, a traditional colonial town. We will eat lunch along the route in the cloud forest. Then, we will continue our descent through the cloud forest, a region rich in endemic species, such as the spectacles bear and the cock of the rock (the Peruvian national bird). Along the way, we will also see interesting plant species, such as orchids, bromelias, ferns, etc. In the afternoon, we will arrive in Pilcopata, where we will spend the night in our lodge.
Day 02: Pilcopata – Aguas Calientes – Boca Manu
Early in the morning, we will eat breakfast and then being our hike in the forest, we will be able to observe the fauna of the forest, such as monkeys and birds. Then, we will visit a coca plantation and an animal rescue center. After, we will continue our trip by transport to Port Atalaya, situated along the riverbank of the Alto Madre de Dios River at 500 m.a.s.l.. there We will start our descent in boat, observing the enormous diversity of bird species, such as herons, vultures, and cormorants. We will make a stop to relax in hot springs, surrounding by the beautiful jungle. Then we will eat lunch and continue our journey until we reach Boca Manu, where we will spend the night in our lodge.
Day 03: Boca Manu – Reserved Zone - Casa Machiguenga .
We will leave early to see the parrot lick, which is located ten minutes down river from the lodge. We will then make a brief stop at the Limonal security checkpoint. We will continue our journey into the heart of the Reserved Zone for about 4 hours, when we will arrive at Casa Machiguenga, where we will spend the next two nights. During this trip, we will be able to appreciate an infinite number of bird species, such as macaws, vultures, eagles, toucans, and herons, as well as other animals such as capybaras, caimans, river turtles, monkeys, and, with luck, a jaguar sunbathing on the beach of eating in the trees. We will dedicate the afternoon to a walk in the forest to look for wildlife in this pristine jungle. We will spend the night in the rustic Casa Matsiguenka with shared bathrooms and showers.
Day 4: Reserved Zone - Cocha Salvador.
Early in the morning, after breafast, we will take a hike because the temperature is more agreeable at this hour and we can often see animals in search of good. We will explore the impressive Lake Salvador where we will look for giant river otters, an endangered species. We will also look for black caimans, the different species of monkeys that inhabit Manu, the prehistoric bird Hoatzin, King Fishers, and many more magnificent species. We will return for lunch and then in the afternoon we will take a 3-hour hike to appreciate the diversity of flora and fauna. There is also the option to take a night walk to look for species of frogs, snakes, and insects.
Day 5: Reserved Zone - Lake Otorongo – Boca Manu.
We will get a very early again to eat breakfast and take walks around our lodge and Lake Otorongo. There is an observation tower located 15 meters from the lake in order to allow us to appreciate the landscape of the surrounding primary forest and to have better opportunities to see the family of otters that lives in the lake. We will also observe the birds that live in the canopy of the forest. We will likely see surprising species, such as giant Ceiba trees, colorful butterflies, and various monkey species. After, we will board our boat which will carry us downstream as we continue to look for animals, such as caimans, turtles, and birds. When we arrive in the Limonal, we will take a walk to a platform that is excellent for viewing flora and fauna. Then, we will travel to Boca Manu, where we will spend the night.
Day 6: Boca Manu – Amazon Manu Lodge.
This day, We will board our boat in the Alto Madre de Dios River and travel against the current, observing the beautiful landscape of the Amazon Jungle and the enormous diversity of bird species. We will have the option to stop at the hot springs and, in the afternoon, continue on to arrive at Amazon Manu Lodge. Here, we will rest comfortable in our rooms and spend on last night surrounded by the magical sounds of the jungle. Optional night walk.
Day 7: Amazon Manu Lodge – Cusco.
We will wake up early in the morning to continue our return trip toward Port Atalaya. Our car will await us there to take us back to Cusco, where will arrive in the evening.Important Notes:
- Manu National Park 7 Days / 6 Nights is not endemic area about Malaria neither Yellow fever you can bring a good insect repellent but if you decide to put the yellow fever vaccination for prevention you can do it 10 days before start your trip to the jungle.
- Bearing in mind the uncontrollable forces of nature, the program could be subject to changes at any time
- Manu is a rainforest that has remained intact because of it hidden location. This means the program involves much traveling by bus and boat (for 3-day tour). However, it also means you are in a part of the Amazon rainforest that has no comparison, with an untouched flora and fauna!
- Every group can contain people who travel for 3, 4, 5 or 8 days
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Private transport from Cusco to the cultural zone of the Manu
- Professional guide
- Professional cook
- Food for 7 days – 6 x breakfast, 6 x lunch, 6 x dinner (vegetarian alternative available without additional charge).
- Water for 6 days. Please bring an empty 1-2 liter bottle to be refilled
- Admission fee to the LEK to see the Andean cock-of-the-rock
- Admission fee to the Manu National Park
- Admission fee to the lagoon of Cocha Machuwasi
- Admission fee to the Ceiba- Forest of giant trees
- Accommodation at the lodge (6 nights in a double or triple room, each room has a private bath and mosquito netting for every bed).
- Rubber boots for the muddy paths in the jungle
- First Aid Kit with venom extractor pump
NOT INCLUDED:First breakfast and the last dinner
Water for the first day
Some kind of drinks such as beers or sodas.
Tips for Guide, Cook and Driver
SHARED GROUP SERVICE
02 Persons / $.490.00 PER PERSON.
03 Persons / $.480.00 PER PERSON.
04 Persons / $.460.00 PER PERSON.
05 Persons / $.440.00 PER PERSON.
06 Persons / $.420.00 PER PERSON.
08 to More Persons / $.400.00 PER PERSON.
What you need to take
We recommend economizing on your luggage for this short trip to Manu National Park. Travel light and think about bringing layers instead of big jackets, etc. Be selective and pack light. Choose quick dry clothing if possible, we will be in the jungle!
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a minimun).
- Original passport.
- Small backpack.
- Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured).
- Long cotton trousers.
- Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers).
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Sandals or light shoes.
- Rain gear.
- Sweater (for the beginning of the tour in Andes and the cloud forest only).
- Camera and its charger.
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and a camera.
- A hat as a protection against the Sun or rain.
- Small towel.
- Toilet paper.
- Antibacterial gel.
- Sun cream.
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries).
- A bottled water (1 litre as a minimum).
- Pocket money (Soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs as well as to tip.